1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1/2 cup egg whites (or 2 large eggs)
1/4 cup maple syrup, agave syrup or honey
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup Whey Delite (Apple Pie Flavor)
1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Cooking spray or oil (for greasing)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line an 8” x 8” square baking dish with parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, applesauce, egg whites, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and protein powder. Add oats and walnuts. Stir well.
3. Pour mixture in the prepared baking dish, level with a spatula, and bake for 35 minutes. The bars are finished with a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and transfer to a cooling rack for another half hour. Use a serrated knife to cut into 8 bars.
5. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Protein: 12 g
Carbs: 24 g
Fat: 6 g